Get excited for summer camping by doing each activity for 60 seconds:
- Jog in place as if a big scary bear is chasing you
- Reach up as if you are picking berries
- Do toe touches as if you are hammering in tent stakes
- Wall sit (or squat) as if you are sitting around the campfire
- Move your arms as if you are swimming from a big fish
- Shake your body as if you are a wet dog
- Torso twist as if you are paddling the kayak side to side
- Jump up and down as if you have finally roasted the perfect marshmallow
Give Me 10
Do each activity 10 times.
- Jump Rope (pretending you have a jump rope in your hand)
- Elbow to knee (opposite elbow to opposite knee)
- Mummy kicks (arms out straight crossing over each time, legs kick out straight)
- Side lunges – touch your feet (5 times each side)
- Star Jacks (squat, jump up high and spread arms and legs out wide like a star)
- Squat (hold squat while punching arms out in front)
- Tire Jumps (jump like you are going through tires)
Alternate between a plank and crunches:
- Hold plank for 15 seconds, 5 crunches
- Hold plank for 15 seconds, 4 crunches
- Hold plank for 15 seconds, 3 crunches
- Hold plank for 15 seconds, 2 crunches
- Hold plank for 15 seconds, 1 crunch
- Rest for 30 seconds
- Repeat 5x
Lead trainer will cue kids to rest and resume.
- Cue kids to assume their position and countdown to start movement.
- Hold plank for 20 seconds, then rest for 10 seconds.
- Repeat 4 – 8 times, depending on available time.
- If a kid says it is too easy, he/she can lift one leg during the plank.
Hip Hop Burst
Start with your feet apart and hop to one side with arms in a T and jazz hands/show biz hands. When you land, the opposite arm of the direction you hopped goes across the body as if you are marking something on the wall.
Hopping twice side to side, bending your arm at the chest, shake your arm in the direction of the hop.
Both arms Bent at your chest, swing them going down with your body towards your knees for four counts and going back up for four counts.
Sliding to one side, your opposite arm from your slide is straight while the other one is bent. Once in a standing position arms go into a muscle man.